IRMA Announcement: On-site audit of Minas Rio, in December
The Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance (IRMA) is pleased to announce that, in addition to the five audits recently announced, another on-site audit has been scheduled. Auditors will be carrying out on-site audit activities at the Minas Rio iron ore mine in December 2021.
- Minas Rio, Zona Rural, Conceição do Mato Dentro, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
On-site audit dates: 9 – 12 December.
SCS Global Services , an IRMA-approved certification body, will be carrying out the on-site assessment at the Minas Rio site.
Stakeholder engagement in the assessment
Stakeholders should contact SCS Global Services if they are interested in being interviewed as part of the assessment process. Interviews with local stakeholders will be scheduled to take place during the on-site audit and may be virtual or in-person, taking into consideration COVID-19 precautions.
Stakeholders are also invited to submit comments to SCS Global Services on the social and environmental performance of the mine (in particular, how the site measures against the IRMA Standard for Responsible Mining).
SCS Global Services
Mail: 2000 Powell Street, Ste. 600 Emeryville, CA 94608 USA
Phone: +1 (510) 993-0127
Please forward this announcement, and feel free to contact SCS Global Services directly to provide names and contact information for other mine site stakeholders who may be interested in knowing about and participating in the mine site assessment process.
For More Information
- View the SCS audit announcement for Minas Rio (English and Portuguese)
- View the Minas Rio assessment page on the IRMA website
- Direct specific inquiries about the mine site assessment process to IRMA’s Director of Standards and Assurance: email@example.com
- Visit the IRMA website for information on the IRMA mine site assessment and certification process, including the determination of audit scope.