Assessment type: Initial Audit
Assessment scope: The assessment will include operations and facilities in the Minas-Rio mine site, which includes its open pit operation, beneficiation and mine waste facilities. During the assessment the impacts and issues associated with all mining operations and the associated facilities will be reviewed, and each site will be visited.
Anglo American proposed in its assessment application form that the following chapters of the IRMA Standard are not relevant at the Minas-Rio site (during Stage 1, SCS will assess the company’s rationale for why chapters are not relevant):
- 2.2 – Free, Prior and Informed Consent
- 3.4 – Mining in Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas
- 3.6 – Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining
- 4.7 – Cyanide Management
- 4.8 – Mercury Management
Audit status: Stage 2 completed.
Certification body: SCS Global Services (website)
Stakeholder engagement: to provide input or participate in audits contact:
SCS Global Services
2000 Powell St. #600 Emeryville, California, USA 94608
- To file a complaint about the audit results (e.g., achievement level, scores, content of audit reports) contact SCS Global Services at email@example.com
- To file a complaint about auditors or Certification Bodies (e.g., performance, competencies, potential conflicts of interest, etc.): file a complaint with IRMA.