Mined materials: Nickel
20 May 2020 (Stage 1)
SCHEDULED: 29 November to 3 December 2021 (Stage 2)
Audit completion date
Assessment type: Initial Audit
Assessment scope: The assessment will include operations and facilities at the Barro Alto mine site, which includes its open pit operation and mine waste facilities. During the assessment the impacts and issues associated with all mining operations and the associated facilities will be reviewed, and each site will be visited.
Anglo American proposed in its assessment application form that the following chapters of the IRMA Standard are not relevant at the Minas-Rio site (during Stage 1, SCS will assess the company’s rationale for why chapters are not relevant):
- 2.2 – Free, Prior and Informed Consent
- 3.6 – Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining
- 4.7 – Cyanide Management
- 4.8 – Mercury Management
Audit status: Stage 1 completed. Stage 2 scheduled.
Certification body: ERM Certification and Verification Services. (website)
Stakeholder engagement and complaints:
- To provide input or participate in audits: contact ERM-CVS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To file a complaint about the audit results (e.g., achievement level, scores, content of audit reports) contact ERM-CVS at email@example.com
- To file a complaint about auditors or Certification Bodies (e.g., performance, competencies, potential conflicts of interest, etc.): file a complaint with IRMA.